In an effort to keep the community and general public informed of current progress on the Manhattan Avenue Wall LCD Study, Hudson County, the NJTPA and NJDOT have developed this list of announcements. This list will be updated periodically as determined by the project team:
- The second Public Information Center meeting will take place on Monday, March 25, 2019 from 7:00 to 8:30pm at the Union City High School Auditorium (Performing Arts Theater) and all are welcome and encouraged to attend. Please CLICK HERE to view/print the flyer. A map of the UCHS parking garage location is shown below:
- The second Stakeholders meeting took place on Monday, March 18, 2019 from 7:00 to 8:30pm at the Musto Cultural Center. The purpose of this meeting was to inform the community stakeholders regarding the Preliminary Preferred Alternative (PPA), costs and schedule for potential improvements to the wall. The following documents from this meeting are available:
- The first Stakeholders meeting took place on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 from 7:00 to 8:30pm at the Musto Cultural Center. The purpose of this meeting was to gather input from the community stakeholders regarding the Project Purpose and Need Statement and Conceptual Repair Alternatives for the wall. The following documents from this meeting are available:
- The first Public Information Center meeting was held on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:00pm at Union City High School's Performing Arts Theater. The presentation from the meeting can be viewed as a PDF by clicking here and the video of the event can be viewed below.
- French & Parrello Associates has completed a Phase 1 visual inspection of the wall to assess its condition and locate structural deficiencies. The inspection was completed over the course of 5 days between the dates of Monday, May 21 and Friday, May 25, 2018. Photos of the inspection can be viewed by clicking here.
- Techniquest has completed manual and automatic traffic counts along Manhattan Avenue, Palisade Avenue and at the intersections adjacent to the Project area. This was completed as part of the ongoing traffic study which will help determine available detour routes for future construction work.
- Advanced Infrastructure Design (AID) has completed the Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) scans during the week of Monday, May 21, 2018. This information will help determine the structural composition of the wall and detect voids behind the wall. Photos of the field work can be viewed by clicking here.
- SkyGear Solutions has completed the first round of Thermal Infrared (IR) scans of the wall on Tuesday April 24, 2018. This information will help monitor rainwater drainage from behind the wall. Photos of the field work can be viewed by clicking here.
- The first Local Officials Meeting took place on Tuesday, April 17 at 1:00pm.
- GEOD Corporation completed the aerial survey of the wall and is preparing basemap drawings which will be used as part of the future repair plans.
- GEOD Corporation completed the Terrestrial Laser Scan of the wall on December 28, 2017.
- Bartlett Tree Experts finished clearing vegetation from the wall on December 12, 2017.
- French & Parrello Associates gathered and reviewed available documentation, including plans from 1906, 1912 and 1914; previous repair plans; reports, historic photos of the site and wall; etc.
- Community input and comments are always welcome during this study. Members of the public are encouraged to visit the webpage regularly to view our progress or to sign up for the email list to be notified of events and future public meetings.
Community input and comments are always welcome during this study. Members of the public are encouraged to visit the website regularly to view our progress or to sign up for the email list to be notified of events and future public meetings.